Monday, June 6, 2011

[The Books I Read]


With summer drawing near, I’m composing a list of all the books I want to read over the summer. Some of them are required reading, and some of them are books that I started but didn’t have time to finish over the summer. All of them are great books, and I hope to post reviews of at least some of them when I finish them.

Books I’m Reading Right Now:
  • Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
  • On Writing by Stephen King
Books I’m Planning on Reading:
  • The Road by Cormac McCarthy
  • Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
  • The Things they Carried by Tim O’Brien
  • Unwind by Neal Shusterman
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  • Possession by A.S. Bryatt
  • One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
  • Room by Emma Donoghue
  • The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake: A Novel by Aimee Bender
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • The Girl with the Glass Feet by Ali Shaw
  • Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
  • The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  • The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith
  • The Curious Case of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
  • The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski

That’s just the list I have running right now, and summer hasn’t even started yet. None of the books (except forBird by Bird and On Writing) that I’m reading for my GG research are included — that’s a whole other bookshelf in my room. 

Right now, the list is seventeen books long. I have two and a half months to read all of them, plus some more. Ten weeks, seventeen books, most of which are pretty long. 

Can’t wait for summer to get started.

If any of you have any more suggestions for me, tell me!

1 comment: